A Waste?

The following sermon was preached on February 14.  The previous week I had been charged for gathering God's people for worship.  I would later be charged for gathering that week as well.  Since that time I have been charged four more times, and I have also been censured and even excommunicated by the presbytery (and Church) of which I was a part.  As one minister put it, "you are being censured for the last year and a half."

Seems like a waste doesn't it?

I face a maximum of 6 years in prison (and $600,000 in fines), I have lost my 'job' and my church, and I have been formally put out of a denomination.  Those are the facts.  

Seems like a terrible waste...  

Was it?


Comments

  1. Bless you dear Stephen, you are an inspiration in your love and faithfulness to our more than worthy Lord, Saviour and King Jesus! Your leadership - irrespective of whether appreciated or used in your former presbytery - is a pure blessing. Thank you, praying for you, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe a church would vote to excommunicate a Pastor! What a travesty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Steve,

    I'm saddened to hear that you've been censured and even excommunicated by your former Presbytery. I'll endeavour to listen to the recording of your sermon in coming days, but will even now say unequivocally that if the losses are for righteousness sake, it has not been a waste! Matthew 5:10-12. Stay the course!

    Your brother in Christ,
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Baptism

The Church of God & Ray Tinsman

Our Compromise in the Face of Covid-19: An open letter to the Church